Banking law in Brazil is known by constant changes, as a result of the dynamism of our financial system and the actions of its regulator. SA Law’s banking legal team works on two main fronts: as legal advisors in complex financial operations and in structuring and validating innovative financial products and services.
With a focus on different segments of the financial market, we advice financial institutions and other players in the industry on the following matters:
- Acting in structured finance operations (project finance, corporate finance, trade finance and debt restructuring)
- Regulatory analysis of products and banking operations
- Assistance to companies that operate in the electronic payments market (issuers, acquirers, sub-acquirers, processors and card networks)
- Assistance in the authorization and accreditation processes of financial and payment institutions
- Advising on foreign transactions.
- Regulatory analysis of products and structures involving the use of crypto-coins
- Regulatory analysis of the application of blockchain technologies to financial products and services, including means of payment
- Collaboration with associations and self-regulators in the improvement of financial market rules and regulations
- Review of remuneration policies for administrators of financial institutions