SVLaw’s real estate practice has acted in structuring real estate projects of all types, always following the rapid evolution of the Brazilian and worldwide real estate market and advising Brazilian and foreign groups, in all phases of a real estate operation.
Our real estate team has extensive experience in several types of real estate transactions, including:
- Purchase and sale and lease of urban properties
- Structuring of real estate deals involving the acquisition and rental of rural properties by national and foreign individuals and legal entities
- Legal structuring of commercial and residential developments, including the creation of property assets and the elaboration of a condominium agreement, association statute and memorial of incorporation
- Legal structuring of multipurpose enterprises such as shopping malls, warehouses, hotels and hospitals, as well as enterprises structured in the form of multiproperty
- Hotel contracts as hotel operation management contracts by companies in this line of business
- Purchase and sale of forest assets
- Construction Contracts by Contract or Maximum Price Guarantee
- Mergers and acquisitions operations specifically related to real estate companies
- Structured operations like sale leaseback and built to suit
We highlight the extensive experience of our team in rural projects, including involving foreign investors and Brazilian companies controlled by foreigners, considering the limitations imposed by the current Brazilian legislation, including the elaboration of instruments related to this specific practice, such as buying and selling, rural leasing and partnership, land rights, rural guarantee, usufruct, legal reserve for environmental purposes and environmental easement.
Within the scope of works related to the demobilization of assets, we highlight our performance in the implementation of operations that involve the renegotiation of debts by means of payment in kind, constitution of mortgages and fiduciary sale of real estate in guarantee.
In addition, our professionals have solid experience in real estate financing, actively participating with professionals from SA Law’s Capital Markets team in securitization of receivables through the issuance of real estate receivables certificates (CRIs) and the constitution of equity funds. Investment as FIPs and FIIs.
In addition, we work together with the civil litigation area in cases involving strategic real estate litigation, including arbitration in real estate deals and civil actions related to this area of practice.